Tuesday 19 August 2008

party..party..party..

What is the most unusual invitation to a party that you have ever received? Usually they come via email, phone or perhaps a card from a pack of 10. If you have some-one really up on the IT it could be a personally designed invitation complete with photos etc.

I have just had the most unusual invitation - a rubber ear! The Hearing Care Centre, an award winning business in Suffolk, is celebrating ten years of business with a "do", and I have interviewed Karen Finch, the owner, many times - hence the invitation.

The cardboard envelope contained a card with the details of where and when.... and a man-sized rubber ear! This is, the card says, what we have to take along to the Town Hall to be admitted!

Will guests have found unusual ways to display their "ears"? On a chain as a necklace? Suspended as earrings? Pinned on as a badge? I just HAVE to go to the party now.....and will report back when the time comes.

The next time I open an envelope and find an ordinary invitation I shall be quite disappointed. Perhaps I should arrange a party too .... but it would be a bit expensive to send out mini-microphones?

No comments: